Unless you've been tuned out of the beauty world completely, you have probably heard about for the ways in which CBD can be beneficial to your skin. YES, CBD is taking over the skin-care world!
Numerous studies have shown that CBD oil can have plenty of positive effects when applied to skin.
1. Fight skin aging
Aging is a natural process we can not avoid. However, there are many things we can do to prevent premature skin ageing and to keep it healthy and youthful for as long as possible.
According to many positive opinions from its users, CBD can also be beneficial in terms of having an anti-ageing effect. Many CANI LIFE and CANI THERAPY users add these products to their anti-wrinkle cream.
- CBD extract is a source of vitamins A and E as well as minerals that slow down skin ageing.
- Cannabis is a well-known antioxidant which helps to reduce the appearance of wrinkles, give the skin a youthful glow and prevent it from becoming thin and dry.
- Cannabis seeds contain the perfect ratio of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, which provide the skin with moisture and protection from the sun.
2. Fight acne
Acne and other skin impurities are among the most common skin conditions. They are not just limited to teenagers, but also affect adults. Acne can occur due to improper skin care, stress, hormonal changes, pregnancy or birth control pills high in progesterone. Genes, too, can be a factor.
- Cannabidiol can potentially be beneficial in regulating oil production and inhibiting the production of lipids – the culprits for oily skin.
- The antibacterial properties of CBD can be your ally in lowering the risk of acne recurrence.
- CBD reduces the production of fat in sebaceous glands, and have an antibacterial effect.
3. CBD in the fight against atopic dermatitis
Atopic dermatitis is a chronic inflammatory skin condition that occurs in all ages – infants, small children, teenagers and adults. The disease is accompanied by severe itching and infection areas with red bumps. Itching is a very unpleasant symptom as it also affects one’s sleep, rest and concentration. It forces the patient to rub and scratch the skin, which damages it and worsens the inflammation.
In the process of mitigating outbreaks of atopic dermatitis, CBD has been shown to potentially have an anti-inflammatory effect on the skin, which can have a beneficial effect in calming the skin and restoring its balance.
4. CBD in psoriasis relief
Psoriasis, characterized by overproduction of skin cells and scaling plaques, is one of the most common chronic skin conditions. The cells of the lower epidermis layer divide much too quickly and then travel towards the surface of the skin, where they gradually fall off. In healthy skin, the travelling of the epidermal cell from the lower to the upper epidermal layer takes 28 days; for psoriasis, this time is only 4-7 days.
CBD can potentially have a beneficial effect in slowing down the overproduction of the skin cells.